Recipe: Strawberry Toppings

Do you remember the crepes I made that had the strawberry toppings on them from my last post? I thought it would be better to do the topping as it's own recipe because this topping is great on more than just crepes. So here's how you make it! 

Ingredients:
2 cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
1/3 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla

1. Combine strawberries, sugar, and vanilla in saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally. (You will hear the ingredients sizzle at first, that's perfectly alright.) Using a wooden spoon mash the strawberries to help create the juice. Cook for 15 minutes.

2. (Optional): You can puree your strawberry topping for a more smooth looking topping. I prefer mine with the chunks of strawberries. This is also great on angel food cake!

If you are interested in sponsoring Slight Elegant, I am offering 75% off Large, 3 month ads. Use the code SUMMER13.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Engagement Photos.